Top Rated Construction Litigation Attorney
992 Inwood Avenue North,
Oakdale, MN 55128
Selected to Super Lawyers: 2009 – 2010, 2014 – 2016
Licensed Since: 2003
Education: William Mitchell College of Law
- Construction Litigation: Consumer (60%),
- Insurance Coverage (30%),
- Civil Litigation: Plaintiff (10%)
Ms. Sauro has been an aggressive advocate for her clients for over 20 years. The founding partner of Sauro & Bergstrom, Ms. Sauro focuses her practice on assisting owners, condominiums and townhome associations with moisture intrusion, construction defect and insurance claims. Ms. Sauro has litigated over 300 construction defect claims to a successful resolution securing millions of dollars in claims resolution on behalf of her clients. A home-buyer who has been deceived in the purchase transaction will also find an advocate in Ms. Sauro who has won arbitration awards for rescission and damages in excess of $300,000 for Minnesota home buyers. Ms. Sauro has an extensive litigation background having tried over 20 cases to a jury conclusion with a proven track record of notable jury verdicts ranging from $3.3 million in the personal injury context and a notable $212,000 award in a sexual harassment suit.
Ms. Sauro was named a Super Lawyer by her peers in 2009, 2010 and 2014 and currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Minnesota State Bar Association Construction Law Section. A frequent lecturer and published author Ms. Sauro maintains an active presence in the legal community. She graduated cum laude from William Mitchell College of Law in 1991 where she was part of the winning the moot court competition team. Ms. Sauro received her BA with honors from the University of Wyoming in 1988 and is admitted to the Minnesota, Wisconsin, Colorado and Arizona Supreme Courts as well as the Federal District Courts for the Districts of Minnesota and Colorado and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
About Brenda Sauro
Admitted 2003, Minnesota
- Arizona, 2014
- Wisconsin , 2014
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2003
- Minnesota, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1991
- Colorado, 1991
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Construction Law Section council member
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Member of 3 panel continuing education seminar for attorneys on selecting a jury in a construction defect lawsuit., Speaker, PIcking a Jury in Construction Defect Cases, State Bar Association Construction Law CLE, 2106
- Speaker at annual American Bar Association TIPS conference in San Antonio Texas concerning EUO examinations., Speaker/Instructor, ABA TIPS Section, 2015
- Instructor for continuing education for lawyers on the appraisal process in insurance disputes., Instructor, Appraisals, MSBA ADR Section, 2015
- Speaker at FIrst Party Claims Conference, Providence, Rhode Island on Cedar Bluffs decision and match issues in first party claims., Match Issues: Cedar Bluffs is No Bluff, NAPIA, 2015
- Course focusing on examinations under oath., Speaker, Acing the Examination Under Oath, NAPIA, 2014
- Jury trials and strategy. NAPIA mid-year meeting, Texas., Speaker, NAPIA, 2013
- Speaker, New Homeowner Warranty Law, Ramsey County Bar Association, 2011
- Dramatic Change in the Use of Peremptory Challenges, The Colorado Lawyer, April, 1992
- The Common Defense or Pooled Information Privilege, The Colorado Lawyer, February, 1991
- Edmonson: Dramatic Change in the Use of Peremptory Challenges (Co-Author), Colorado Lawyer, April, 1992
- Joint Defense on Pooled Information Privilege, Colorado Lawyer, February, 1991
Verdicts and Settlements:
- Appraisal Award $150,000 for water damage, 2014
- Verdict of $650,000 in favor of Association on storm damage claim.
- Verdict of $212,000 in favor of employee in sexual harassment claim.
- Directed verdict in favor of employer on claim of wrongful termination.
- Directed verdict in favor of contractor resulting in retention of $90,000 earnest money deposit.
- Verdict of $320,000 (co-counsel) in favor of injured consumer.
- Verdict of $419,000 in favor of injured consumer.
- Arbitration award of $217,000 in favor of clients due to sellers’ non-disclosures in real estate transaction.
- Verdict $3.3 million (co-counsel) in favor of injured consumer
- Arbitration award ordering sellers to repurchase home for $495,000 and pay $76,000 in damages to purchaser based on sellers’ non-disclosures.
- Arbitration award of $325,000 in nondisclosure/fraud case
- Homeowner associations. commercial property owners. single family owners.
- J.D. Cum Laude William Mitchell College of Law, 1991
- B.A. University of Wyoming, 1988, Honors: University Honors
- Member Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Minnesota State Bar Association Construction Law Section Member; Member Women In Construction
- Minnesota State Bar Association; NAPIA